Gigantosaurus: Dino Kart feels like it plays things a bit too safe in terms of gameplay

Тема в разделе "Новости и объявления", создана пользователем rodeoneerer, 10 мар 2023.

1. rodeoneerer

rodeoneerer New Member

If you’d ask the average gamer if they know the publisher Outright Games, the answer would probably be negative. However, as a father of a five year old and a three year old, I know this British publisher, who in the meantime is teaming up with the Japanese giant Bandai Namco, all to well since they focus on bringing licensed kids games based on popular franchises such as Paw Patrol, Peppa Pig or PJ Masks. As you can see from the listed titles, my kids fall right into the target age. So it shouldn’t come as a surprise that when my oldest one wants to play a game ‘just like daddy”, that these are the games to go to.

Technically-speaking, Gigantosaurus: Dino Kart easily feels like an evolution over Blaze and the Monster Machines: Axle City Racers. It looks a bit better (though still simplistic), runs at twice the framerate, and features similar controls. Don’t expect for this game to be a challenge. In fact, if you’re above the age of seven, you will beat all three cups, comprised of five courses each, in about an hour, maybe less. The sensation of speed is practically nonexistent as well, but considering the target demographic, requiring less reflexes was a smart decision. There’s even an autopilot mode and read-aloud menus. The latter is pretty annoying, but I get it: the target audience might not even know how to read yet.

If there is one aspect where Dino Kart simply misses the mark, then it is with its soundtrack. We’re not familiar with the show, so we don’t know if the tunes that play during races were lifted from the source material, but the tunes are bland and unexciting, and simply don’t fit with the atmosphere of a racing game. On the upside, Dino Kart’s dialogue is fully voice-acted, even if there isn’t a whole lot of it. The sound effects are great, but not exceptional, and we wouldn’t be surprised if the majority of these were recycled from previous kart racers published by Outright Games.

The graphics of the game aren’t the most sophisticated, but they are in line with the show. Kids around the age of five don’t benefit from complex graphics and the colorful and simple style of the game suits them perfectly. On my Xbox Series S, the game ran pretty smooth and the textures were sharp enough. The long loading times that plagued earlier games from Outright Games didn’t seem to be present here neither. The sound of the game is also perfectly in line with the TV show and I’m always happy when the game is available in various languages, including my own (Dutch). Another great feature here, is that the menu is narrated with is extremely helpful as the targeted age of the game includes children that can’t read yet. This meant my son could play the game without needing my help once he got the hang of it.

The track design is decent, but the game suffers from a lack of visual variety. Given how it’s based on a dinosaur-centric cartoon, pretty much every single track is set in a jungle or a mountain. There’s just so much you can do with such limited scope. I do commend that there aren’t any oval course like the ones in Blaze, but I cannot say I found any track in Gigantosaurus: Dino Kart to be memorable. Hell, can’t even remember a single name.

Overall, Dino Kart feels like it plays things a bit too safe in terms of gameplay. Given the nature of the game as a licensed kart racer, that isn’t a surprise. This is a game that doesn’t need to innovate or be particularly memorable to be profitable after all, and we’re sure that we’ll be seeing more titles like this for other licenses, like the upcoming Batwheels cartoon, over the coming months. In all honesty, we’re not even going to complain about that, because despite these kart racers being bland and interchangeable with one another, they’re at least functional and decently put together. While we wouldn’t actually recommend Dino Kart to anyone over the age of eight, if you happen to be a parent or sibling of a kid that is a fan of the show, you could do far worse than gifting them this game.

https://www.z2u.com/gigantosaurus-dino-kart/accounts-5-20687 has around more than 11 years rich experience with Selling & Buying game goods in Global marketplace. Provide customers the Cheapest prices, Fast Delivery and Non-Stop Online service are always the Goal we are working hard for. If you are looking for a trusted place to buy Gigantosaurus Dino Kart Account, there is no doubt z2u.com is the best choice for you.

Поделиться этой страницей